A Little Bird Told Me..,

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Testing produces what again?


Two weeks ago, I had an adventure all it's own! I made a HUGE mistake... I was praying and asked the Lord to use me, and make me more like Him... He decided to take me up on that...

I spent the morning racing around like Lightening McQueen in pursuit of the coveted Piston Cup. Everything from Ben's father passing to the inevitable bank hopping was on my mind and/or floating around in my heart for much of the morning. With only an uncashed check and late for my hair appointment, the bank clerk informing me that they would not open for another half hour was another opportunity to be stretched.

Hurrying along, I looked forward to a visit with Kelly, what I got was a voicemail from my Aunt Irene. She is 86 and can bend either way when it comes to her age. It entirely depends on the circumstance and the stakes... her 86.5 years can make me laugh or fuss at times... : P

This morning was the latter. She had had bronchitis for a week, and has been so miserable, but her bowels had been acting up... or rather more accurately, NOT acting. With that, nausea and having trouble keeping her breakfast down. I had made a few trips out to the store for her in the past few days. Not a big deal. As I listened to her message, I realized that she was pretty fearful. Would I go and get her a few more items, and maybe there would need to be a trip back to the ER. When you are that age, things CAN get pretty complicated. As I listened, I started to get somewhat resentful... Why oh why does this stuff have to happen when it's sooo inconvenient??? Kelly lives 45 min away from where I am! It figures, now I won't be able to go. and so on....

My heart was feeling far less than charitable as I headed into her house to bring her the requested things. She answered the door looking pretty woeful, and feeling sorry for herself. Her usually sassy demeanor was replaced with a miserable frustration. I felt a gentle nudge. Remember what you asked Me this morning? Oh, nuts...
I sighed and let the Lord have at me once again. Fine, if You want to keep me here and rearrange my day, it's ok..


I made her some oatmeal, my sourness evaporating. She ate it, and took the medicine I brought. The more I let the Lord have at my thinking and attitude, the more it brightened. Funny, that. : )

She even let me pray for her, her heart is so dear! I felt truly compassionate as I cleaned up the mess I had made and she whisked me off to my lunch. Thanking the Lord for the opportunity to bless her, I realized something...

A little at a time He IS making me more like Him. It's the small steps that are making the difference, if I am willing to yield to the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment