A Little Bird Told Me..,

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lessons learned


Oh, how I love to learn! Except when I have to...lol... case in point- I was having a discussion a few months back with a close friend. I was still living in South Carolina, and was having a hard time with having to move backup here due to lack of funds.

Now don't get me wrong, being a woman of faith, I take my decisions to the Lord, but sometimes, He shows me the route through practical means, you know lack of money... : ) ..when I had opportunity to earn here and not there, the choice was an easier one. I was explaining to him (the friend, that is) that after having gone down there with somewhat of a plan, it was somewhat frustrating to be moving for the billionth time in the span of a year and a half. Now that may be a slight exaggeration, but I am sure that you can get my drift. : )

What he said to me caught me off guard- I pondered this for quite a while. In fact, I am still pondering this one... what he said was that there was indeed a difference between expectations and expectancy. He hinted that maybe I went with one and should have gone with another.. Ok.. so maybe he didn't hint! lol

Wow, was that one a humdinger! At first, I sloughed it off, but realized that he was right. Going down there with a set of expectations was probably a mistake. When things didn't work out the way I had planned, I assumed that I made a mistake in going. Another great word lesson - ASS - U - ME.... taken apart - if you assume it makes an ASS out of U and ME.. lol... again, truth.

If things don't meet my level of expectation, I see failure. But really, if I keep a level of expectancy, I stay open, versus closed. It's not that I need to lower my expectations, but that I need to raise my level of expectancy!


No comments:

Post a Comment