A Little Bird Told Me..,

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The heat is up!


Oh, it was truly one of "those" days. You know, the ones that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy. As you wash the coating of weariness off of your face, you could almost swear that you see a bullseye painted on your forehead. The stretching was so palpable today, that you could almost see your skin expand. *sigh* Not having the energy to pull off your clothes, you fall onto the bed.
When I am having a day like that, and yes, they can wreak havoc with your peace - there is a light at the end of the tunnel.. : ) one promise I grasp with the desperation of a lonely cave dweller - truth!!! ... my Maker has a plan... whatever pain I am pressed through, whatever hardship, whatever darkness I must crawl beyond, I know that there is a fragrance that will emerge as I come out on the other side. Like a pressed grape the sweetness emerges. No trial is pleasant as I go through it, but I can trust that my character is being perfected, and I am one step closer to the finish line. I know that the pressures have a purpose! Something good WILL come of it. Like baking a pie- you put the ingredients in a pan, but without the heat, nothing worth eating comes from it. Hang on, love. The results are going to be nothing short of miraculous! <3

2 comments:

  1. Like I always say, my Higher Power will never put anymore on my plate than HE can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN....and thank you. Thank God for you and your friendship and uncompromising heart that reflects the heart of Christ. You are a blessing. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete