A Little Bird Told Me..,

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Grit and Guts

So, I am a dyed in the wool Red Sox fan. I love watching, (at least when I have time) the boys give their all, doing what they love to do! 

I think the thing I love best about them is that they don't quit. They're scrappy! 

"We don't give up, we don't give in," Will Middlebrooks said. It doesn't matter what the scoreboard says. We're going to come out, we're going to fight, we're going to grind it out." 1

There are so many parallels for me, personally.

As a musician, I can attest to giving all I have to a song. Whether writing it, interpreting it, or out and out note thievery, lol, there is generally an odious (to the non musician) amount of practice required. 

Heaven help the poor folks I live with, doomed to an existence of endless repetition. The same parts over and over and over and over and over and over... amen... (For you math types, think of PI :)

As a Christian, truly that line from Will Middlebrooks inspires me.

Like the Sox, I need an attitude of cannot quit. No matter what. As I watched that plucky team pull it's way out of the bottom of the glass, I determined, again, to dig in...  


  • When the checkbook bounces so hard it makes a basket.
  • When there is a diagnosis that doesn't make sense. 
  • When the job is gone, the car is broken, and the cupboard is empty. 
  • When there are no options. Period.

It has been a season like that for me. A really long one. 

So, I have two options. Give up, or go on. Option one isn't going to get me very far... 

So I look up and remember. I remember all the answers that I have seen; sometimes the question never even left my lips. 

Best of all, I am not alone. The amazing power of God and all of Heaven stands with me. As His child, I can take courage to keep going! 

"Be (stay) strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!" Ephesians 6:10


So, if you are tempted to quit, DON'T! That answer or breakthrough might be just around the bend. 


God Bless! 





1 CNSnews.com - "Napoli, Victorino rally Red Sox past Yankees 12-8" September 7, 2013 1:35 AM
Mike Fitzpatrick, Associated Press 



No comments:

Post a Comment