A Little Bird Told Me..,

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Single Minded

Here's mom and dad... also known as Flo and Joe, respectively. 

Aren't they adorable? They were married for 59 years. Then my dad changed his mailing address to Heaven...three years later mom went, too.

It's been a challenge learning how to live without them. To say adapt is woefully inadequate. 

Since their passing, things have changed in consecutive 360* circles. Repeatedly. 

As a young woman, I couldn't even imagine getting married. 

When Jesus throttled my world at thirty four, I slowly grew to think that getting married would be a really cool thing. 

Now, years later, I am learning to function as a single woman, for all intents and purposes, alone. Alone in a world designed for "twos." 

It can, at times, be incredibly lonely. 

The married couples usually tell me that I am better off single - "Married people are often as lonely as single people." "Marriage is overrated." "You're better off, you won't have to deal with divorce."

Wow...

How do I maintain sanity in all this? 

Firstly, I am incredibly thankful for a God that takes care of me, and sends people to make the journey a little easier... 

I keep my focus on the race that I am running... I am running to win...  "Don't you realize that in a race everybody runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!" 1 Corinthians 9:24

and 

as far as heaven goes, Jesus said it really well: 

"When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will ALWAYS be with me where I am." John 14:3 

I can't imagine a better place to be than in His arms, can you?

and

Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize that there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you  Lao Tzu 


and

"Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth."  1 Timothy 6:6


So, let hope arise, and dare to trust the One that holds you in His Hands. 

The best is yet to come! 

God bless- 

Lori 









No comments:

Post a Comment