A Little Bird Told Me..,

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Under Construction


If you live in Bristol, or have visited my end of our fair city these last few-make that several months, you have to have noticed the massive construction project underway. My friends and I have started taking bets as to which road will be closed with no warning on what day. It sure has been a headache! No matter which way you turn, you will find a delay.

I cannot tell you how much of a trial it has been. Never mind that the streets are soooo torn up, it feels like I am navigating the back roads of Maine on most of them. Delays, huge aggravation, and ridiculous road conditions.

Isn't that just like life? More delays and problems than you can count, it seems? One long annoyance... and in my neighborhood, noisy, at that.. : D

Unless you can see the big picture, you can miss any good that come out of all this aggravation.

Let me digress for one moment.. Well, I will, anyway, because it's my blog, and I can't hear your silent pleas for mercy... : P

A month or so back, when I was really agitated one morning- I had followed a car that had surely lost it's gas pedal, it had to be wired by inertia... ugh.. anyway, at the pinnacle of frustration, I opened the window and hollered at the policeman directing traffic. "So, any idea when this mess might be finished?" He chuckled and responded, " Thanksgiving??? Christmas???"

I hulked away in stony silence.

As I pondered his answer, I began to think about the construction that the Lord does on our character. It can seem awfully inconvenient and painful, at times. I wonder at how it can be such a long and arduous project. Especially on HIS end.. : P

But as we are fashioned with love, we become more and more lovely in the process... I want to look like my Papa.

Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment