A Little Bird Told Me..,

Monday, July 20, 2015

About Being Pursued

The unheard of. TWO blog entries in one night. 

Apparently, I have a lot to say. That may be dangerous for you, Proceed with caution. Have a seat whilst I get the yellow and black tape. 

What is churning around in the cranium tonight, besides the insufferable heat and humidity, is this...

Being pursued. 

Being chased, as it were. 

We live in a society where women have clawed, scratched, bit, and fought their way to equality and rights. 

We have thrown our aprons into the dung heap and opted to win bread with the spousal units. 

The thing is, I think we might have trampled chivalry just a wee bit in the process... 

It's great that we can get the same chances as men; that we can garner fairer pay for jobs that are basically the same. The fact that we have to work twice as hard to be "half" as good is another diatribe for another day. 

But in the interest of focus, time, and saving your sanity, I will valiantly strive to keep to the point. 

It needs to be said that there is something to being courted. sought after, chased - as it were.

I was created with a longing to be rescued. To be seen as a prize... worthwhile... all that and a bag of chips? The Princess Syndrome. You know? Castles, moats, danger, a troll or two? 

I also have the "antiquated" thinking that men have this inner most desire to seek after, obtain, chase - as it were. Adventure is branded into their souls.  

Convenient, eh? 

As God does with me, draws me to Him - causing me to seek after Him and discover the really cool things that come from that..for example, how amazing He is. Another great adventure... I really think He programmed us to be like Him. 

I can tell you one thing... The man that finally saddles up the horse and goes after this child of the King is going to discover that it WAS worth the wait... 

God bless you and have sweet sleep! 

<><





 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment