A Little Bird Told Me..,

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Bug Free

Sooo... this is definitely me. Bees, flies, slugs, mosquitoes, etc... just about any bug "bugs" me. Though flies are the absolute worst!

I can laugh now about this, but it brings an instant thought to my mind... 

Of course! What ELSE did you expect? If there wasn't a parallel somewhere, you might be off watching mindless twerking videos or dreaming of T.S.O tickets... but yet, as ever, I digress... 

What are the things that bug you the most? For me? One thing in particular just grates on me... chewing loudly... especially gum... if you stand next to me and slurp gum, you will probably see my panic stricken eyes scanning for exits.  

How can you possibly get spiritual with this?!? I can see that wearisome look in your eyes. 

Don't worry... I can! 

Have you noticed that God is in the business of character building? I am thoroughly convinced that above all things, that is His favorite hobby...

The other night at church band practice, we were seated-listening to a speaker before we bounded up onto the platform in instant cacophony.

As the speaker was intently 'bringing it' on humility and selflessness, (insert ironic smile) I was aware that someone had stealthily crept in late and sat directly behind me. 

Then IT happened... about twenty minutes of gum slurping... As I cringed and twisted uncomfortably in my seat like a gator on a line, I was finally rewarded with the words: "Ok, c'mon up front, let's pray." 

FREE! I bounded up to the front like a lottery winner. To my utter horror, The Chewer came right up next to me.  sigh...

As much as I hate the lessons, I DO know what's going on...

"My child, don't reject the Lord's discipline, and don't be upset when He corrects you. For the Lord corrects those He loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights." Proverbs 3:11,12 

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.  James 1:2-4

While gum chewing is in no way a trial, while I am grimacing, it's a good reminder of the "Pearls of the Process."   


Meanwhile, I am going to invest in some earplugs. 

<><

*Pic courtesy of Bitstrips 



No comments:

Post a Comment