A Little Bird Told Me..,

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Ok... lately, I have been revisiting my thoughts on trials, afflictions, and bumps (or moguls) in the road. 

As a child I had the idea that "if I can just make it through ----------------, everything will be sooo much better!" 

I would get through whatever problem or obstacle that I faced, just to find another looming over the horizon. 

I have spent most of my life waiting for that "golden field of easy" to appear and let me dive in! 

It's taken me way too long many years to figure out that that isn't going to happen... 

Instead, I have discovered something that, for me, is fascinating... 

There, in the MIDST of the roller coaster ride that life deals, are the opportunities to create my own "golden field."

There have been times of deep and plaguing doubt, gut wrenching pain, and betrayal that have rocked me to the core. Sometimes it's my own, and sometimes it's those I love that are going through the monsoon. 

They say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over.... and over.. and over... and over... and over... and expecting different results. YES!

That being said, waiting for everything to be perfect or even easy isn't cutting it anymore. 


If I want to be happy and find contentment, I need to see the nuggets that are placed in my life and seize the joy in them :)

I am learning that the laughter of my loved ones, the surprising and unexpected blessings, and the wonder and love of God have been helping to sustain me through the tough times. 

So there won't be that field of easy....  *many are the afflictions of the righteous (I am righteous by His grace, not my doing) but the Lord rescues them from them all!!!* Psalm 34:19 

One day at a time, I have what I need to get through that day.  I am learning to be grateful for the small things and believe me, that attitude is contagious! 

So, yes... there IS a Light at the end of the tunnel            <><  


Photo credit for photo 2 - A beautiful Mess Inside - thank you!!! 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your insight into life's journey. I always appreciate deep, but somehow "light", descriptions of how one copes with the events of living in this world. You most certainly have a unique way of putting your thoughts on "paper" and I know others will be inspired and blessed by your efforts. Keep it up, Lori.

    Shalom,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete