A Little Bird Told Me..,

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Art of Worry


I haven't blogged in a month! I can't imagine where the time has gone.. I suspect that it is somewhere in that ominous black hole. You know, the one that houses the socks that seem to just gravitate to it and leap inside whenever I do laundry.

Well, I can tell you that I am excited to be playing on the worship team at New Life. It's been a while since I have been musically challenged. Spiritually challenged? Constantly!!! But musically? It's been a while... My first time with them was at Hubbard Park this past Thursday night. We were playing at the National Day of Prayer event. It was awesome to see people just mull in from all directions. All I could do was grin. I had FUN!!!

Prior to, I was a harried wreck. Imagining the worst, I anticipated every calamity. I worriedly practiced, sending texts and emails to my poor fearless leader, obsessing over every detail. When Thursday night arrived, I had "covered" every "bass"- ha ha ha... Sorry, couldn't resist... As we started to play, and I saw that it wasn't going to be the train wreck I had dreaded, I slowly relaxed. Pretty soon, I was having a ball! I had never played the songs with the team. In fact, a few of them I had never played; one I hadn't even heard... : D ... About midway through, I heard a soft and familiar Voice... "So, still bored?" I thought I heard a faint chuckle in there : ) ... "uh, no", I responded sheepishly, "I'm good!"

How like me to worry and obsess and find that to my surprise and delight, my Father is already there... and best of all, He's got it "covered!"

No comments:

Post a Comment